Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Day 20: Japan Town

I woke up to Sas's call, and saw that it was raining. So hiking plans went for a toss! I called Jieun and coordinated with James to meet for brunch instead.

And then, something happened that made my day! Sas had sent a video-tour of our new house, and it was SO awesome ! Aaaaah I can't wait to go there! :)

Sunny and I got ready, Sunil came over and we took the bus to this place called Sweet Maple. Jieun was already there and James and his friend Anna joined us there. We waited, hungry, for a table for an hour! :O But I gotta say - food was TOTALLY worth it! Oh man, I ate so much - 2 pancakes with berries and cream, 2 poached eggs and 2 strips of millionaire's bacon. Oh man, I stuffed my face. James, Anna and Jieun, who'd not seen me eat that way before were pretty surprised. It was a really fun brunch. Even more fun was our conversation - since all of us are originally from different countries, and/or have travelled lots, we were talking about that, and it was so much fun to even learn from another person's experience in a different country! Nice it was.

And then we got out of the restaurant, and it wasn't raining anymore. In fact - it was a BEAUTIFUL day! Considering our plan had been to go hiking, we all talked about it, looked down at our shoes, and decided against it. Instead, we decided to all go do touristy things! So off we went to Japan Town.

Japan town.

Is fascinating! We checked out stores that had EVERYTHING, and all for cheap. Boy, do the Japanese folks know how to create demand!! :D I bought a few things too, so their marketing strategy worked! We walked around, looked around, talked, laughed, took some pictures. It was fun. By 4.00pm, Jieun left, and then another stationery shop later, the rest of us decided to call it a day. James and Anna dropped us to Market street, and Sunny, Sunil and I went to Old Navy because Sunil wanted to buy some stuff for Bon. I bought a couple of things too, eep! :| Sunil also checked out a Ray Ban store, but didn't buy anything ...yet.

I was supposed to have met Abhay and Natasha for dinner at 5.30-6 but since Natasha had left SF that morning, I was going to meet juts Abhay and have Sunil and Sunny join us. I stayed out till around 6, hoping to catch Abhay, eat and then go back home to work on the invitations, but Abhay delayed and delayed, and I didn't want to just wait for him to show up, so we were back at home by around 6ish. It started raining heavily, and Sunny, Sunil and I decided to just call in for dinner rather than go out in the miserable rain. Abhay called then, from halfway to my apartment and said he'd be further delayed - so I told him I had something else to do, and that I can't step out for dinner, but the rest of us were ordering in so he could join since he was already halfway here. He came by and we ordered pizza that they wouldn't deliver, so we had to go pick it up. Sunny was getting ready to head out, so she told me to take the car and pick up the pizzas since I could drive it. But I was already online with Sas for the invitations, so I told Sunny to go pick it up. She and Sunil went, and they were mislead by Google maps, so what should've taken 10 minutes, took 40. We may as well have ordered in and waited. Ah well.

The food was good, and we were watching some movies on TV - The Fog (bad movie, but it had Tom Welling in it!! Ooooooooh!) and another sad movie about cancer patients, that had Cameron Diaz in it. I got back to work after that, and while Sunny was out, and till beyond after she came back and went to sleep, I was at work sending out the invites, because Sas and I had decided to send them out by 1st April! :D

I slept at 5.00am.

No comments:

Post a Comment