Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Day 21: Moving Day

I woke up at 10am (considering I'd slept so late), and by habit, checked email on my phone as soon as I was awake, and I saw the email that mentioned I had to move out on this day. I had to check out by 11am! Aaaah !

I was living out of a suitcase anyhow, so it didn't take much time to get packed. Sunny got all her stuff together too, and we were both ready to head out by 11. Sunil also came by (to have breakfast with us) and ended up helping us move all the luggage to the new apartment. Sunny put her stuff in her car and shifted it to her friend John's place.
When Sunil and I went to the new apartment, we found out that they'd left the keys to the new apartment at my old apartment. So confusing! So I took the master key, put my stuff up, left the master key at the desk again and then went back to the old apartment to pick up my keys. All of this time, Sunil and I were DYING of hunger.

We went to the Ferry building to a brunch place, and had a ton of food! With mimosas, which weren't too great. Post eating, I felt a bit sick. :|

Then Sunil had some shopping to do and I hopped along and did a teeny bit of buying too. We were at Old Navy where Sunny joined us.

Coit Towers.

We went to Coit towers from the Old Navy store on Market street - by tram! When we got there, we had to climb 300 odd steps to get to the sightseeing point, and the stairs were through these lush gardens and unbelievably pretty sights. It took my breath away - literally, because those steps were also really steep! Sunil had a hard time getting to the top, and he took lots of rest stops. As soon as I got to the top, I needed to pee so I went and peed in this most disgusting public toilet. Then Sunil and I went up the actual tower while Sunny waited outside because she's already been there multiple times. It took us about forty minutes to go to the top and then come down, it was so crowded! The view from that point was literally a 360 degree view. - it was nice, but I'm not sure it was worth that long wait. Unfortunately though, I was missing my Canon :( I took pictures on the phone anyway.

North Beach and China town.

Then we all walked to North Beach, walked through China town and eventually to my old apartment, where Sunny had parked her car. Vishruth called me then, and I spoke to him! :) Nice to talk to him. We went to my apartment, and while Sunny got dressed for a date, Sunil and I went to Safeway to pick up a bunch of things. We were at the ATM outside the store when Sunny joined us, and we walked to this Irish-pub place. Sunny left for her date and Sunil and I had dinner and since she was still with her date after, we went back to our respective apartments. Sunny came back not long after. We talked about her date before tiredness took over and I fell asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment