Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Day 19: I Hate Fridays

Overall, when I'm working from the US, Fridays are long and hard! Mostly because I'm all by myself and taking care of all the work pre-weekend, and India doesn't take over. But this one was particularly distasteful.

I had a meeting where I was asked work-related questions, told to do things and not given enough information. Painful. I was again, very irritated with work. Things are super disorganized right now, and it made me grit my teeth ! I was working non-stop (no breaks at all) from lunch to 7pm even though I felt like I badly needed a break. Yes, I FINALLY closed the long, annoying work day at 7pm.

I got in touch with Rahul, who was making some plans for the weekend, and he (was still working) told me to go to the bowling alley. I met up with Sunil and we went to the opposite building (yes, encore to all the awesome things on the Google campus) and walked into the bowling alley to see Uma and Rohit Setia having a bowling match. Soon, Rahul came by and all 5 of us had a bowling match. Sunil won, I was second all the way to the last round, where Rahul beat me. Rohit was next and last was Uma. They left to get the shuttle while Sunil and I waited for Sunny. We were going to meet Rahul, Sriparna and Uma at SF for dinner and drinks and Castro street madness after.

Sunny drove back to office after all her chores in Mountain View, and we drove to SF. I spoke to Natasha (Iciri's sister), who was going to be leaving SF because she got a new job, and this evening was my last chance to see her before she left! So we coordinated with these guys too, and all of us went to this place on Sutter street for dinner. I met Natasha there for like 10 minutes - she was sitting with her friends already, so we sat at a different table and made a lot of noise. I'm sure Natasha got embarrassed ! :P

We ate lots, drank some, and we were all full and tired from the long workday. All of us except Uma though. He was still very keen on going to Castro, but the rest of us were all very tired, so we just went back and slept. Our plan for Saturday was also to go hiking, so we wanted to get all the rest possible !

Let's say the bowling and the dinner redeemed the Friday. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment