Tuesday, August 9, 2011

35

Work, work, work.

I worked like MAAAD the entire day, desperate to finish work and I finished everything I needed to by about 6.30pm. Like MAAAD I worked.

Getting to Vegas.

So, just before we left, Sas called and asked if he should take his passport. And I confidently said - no, I don't think we need to. Going by the fact that I'd already traveled so much, and never carried my passport. So he put his away. I didn't carry mine. Not a smart move.

What happened.

Sas and I went to the airport in a cab that fooled and fleeced us (like auto guys in India I say, these Punjabi taxi drivers here). And then we checked in our luggage (for $25!) and then we went through security checks. We were stopped there because we didn't have our passports, and I thought we were not going to be allowed to fly to Vegas?! :O Thankfully, the officer let us through telling us that we were flying around in "his country" without our passports, and that was a stupid thing to do. Ah well, I guess we learnt the hard way. But I really was worried then that he wouldn't let us go. Let me say this though - the India drivers' licence (in English) is a huge savior!

The Vegas experience, Night 1.

We landed in Vegas. It's hot there. Very hot. Hotter than Hyderabad, and maybe even dryer. But well, at night you don't feel it, plus every building is super air conditioned.

We headed out at about 8.30pm and got tickets to watch the Blue Man Group. We then had a quick dinner at the Venetian. I felt like I was in a movie, honest! A glass of wine and some pasta later, Sas and I went to the theatre and watched almost 2 hours of pretty impressive use of technology and music by the Blue Man Group. I loved the colours and the randomness of it. Creative! :)

Out of the theatre, Sas and I went gambling. We played BlackJack for a bit, and made some money - $25. I remembered being in Goa and gambling, and how we'd won 10K. :D We gambled for quite a bit actually, and then we walked around, looking at the place. And then we got hungry, and we walked around looking for food. Found food, ate food, and then we walked the long walk back to the hotel room. It wasn't the easiest to walk in heels... made me realise how tired I was -- lack of sleep, walking around in heels, and it was the wee hours of the morning -- we'd been up for nearly 24 hours straight!

Mrin was gonna join us in the morning, so we decided maybe it's a good idea to stop gambling and get some sleep so we can do more fun stuff the next day :P

Time for limited zzzzz.

No comments:

Post a Comment