Monday, August 1, 2011

41

The Car.

I woke up relatively late early, 8pm-ish and I got Sas to wake up too. We got ready and headed to rent a car, and we had a car by 11.30pm! :) Got back to the apartment, changed into hiking clothes, collected a few things for the drive and the latter part of the day and headed out. We reached SF at about 1pm and by around 2.30pm we were all collected in one place, and at 3pm we went for lunch.

Tajini.

Delectable Moroccan food. A kid there saw our Google jackets and asked if we worked for Google, and when we said yes, enthusiastically went on to say how he'd participated in the Google Doodle competition. :) Then, his dad came over and talked about how the culture in Morocco is similar to Indian culture, and he went on to say how he grew up watching old Hindi movies, and even sang a few songs for us, ranging from "aah aah aaja" to "kabhi kabhi mere dil mein" ! :) Such a feel good factor, to hear of Hindi songs' popularity!

Muir Woods.

We drove up to Muir woods ...the place has some fantastic views, and the hiking opportunities there are out of this world. Unfortunately for me, the slopes were too steep and the ligament tear wouldn't allow me to climb too much lower. We climbed back up and used the rest room at this beautiful guest house thing on the top of a hill. Pretty! :)

Stinson's Beach.

There was a beach not far from there. First thing we saw as we were headed to the sandy section of the beach was a bunch of baby skunks. They were sooooooo cute ! :)

Fairly rocky, reminded me a bit of Arambol. Seagulls, dogs playing around, people walking peacefully by the water, and sitting around bonfires drinking... pleasant. We walked around for a bit, climbed rocks, took pictures, and when it started to get colder than it already was, we decided to get out of there. Plus, the tide was rising. Sea is little scary, especially when cold. :P

Then we went to a very European looking restaurant where we got some snacks and the boys drank beer. Peaced out and a lot of fun. We then drove down windy slopes all the way back to SF.

SF.

In SF, we hung out in Gapa's house for a bit, and Venky had to run a 13K marathon the next day, so he went back home to sleep early. Sas and I got dressed and then Gapa, Sas and I decided to hit the club.

Bootie.

This is a dance-fun event that happens only on Saturday night at any club in the city. You enter for $15 and they give you a ball of a time in return. The concept of the place is good fun - they have groups of people dancing up on stage. Some of it did get a little too outrageous to handle, but they were all enjoying themselves up there, even if their dancing wasn't at all times tip top, and I'm only saying that because I've seen college dance teams in India (like Christ college dance team :) hehe) which are beyond excellent. It was a lot of fun ! :) The boys got pretty high and did some funny things! :) It shall not be revealed here. I didn't drink of course, because I was driving. Oh I should mention - my new shoes got admired and I felt good. Haha :D

At the end of the night, 2am, it was me who took the two drunken souls back to Gapa's, where I decided we should spend the night. Sas was thankfully in his senses enough to help me.

2.30am! Since Sas and I had booked Mnterey whale watching tickets for early the next morning (10am show, and it would take us 2 hours to drive there from Santa Clara), and we were in SF, one hour away from Santa Clara, we needed to wake up at 6am.

Slept a very haphazard sleep, waking up every now and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment