Sunday, March 25, 2012

Day 10: Big News, Big Day

To begin with, Sas finalised the house today! :) YAYYYYYYYY!!!!!! Feels great!

Second highlight - My day started off with a peer bonus! Wheeee :) Saw the email first thing in the morning! It feels awesome :)

The day started funny - Sunny and I bumped into these 2 guys from the Boston office who sort of ran after the GBus. It was funny because they came and asked us a short while later if we were heading to the shuttle stop when they saw our Google IDs, and we said yes. Seemed like fun people, and definitely entertained us a little early in the morning! :)

Went to work, where I met Alex Popper again - he's moved to the SF office but was in MTV today. He's so funny. Like odd funny. Nice to hang out with.

Ruined Boots.

I stepped in wet grass while looking at planes flying overhead and got my boots all wet and grassy. I got most of it off by rubbing them with tissue paper. But they're kind of tearing and were wet.

Work, Work, Work.

I got a whole lot of work done through the week towards trainings and meetings etc. - like I mentioned, and then, BOOM! One email thread from some arbitrary manager (who I've never even heard of) knocked two of my 4 rotation programme targets out the window. Gah. I was pissed, because I'd already done all that work. Waiting for my manager to explain.

I had lunch with David and Georgia and found out more about the team I work with, which was good to know background. Good lunch.

Post lunch, I had a meeting that made me realise I need more data related to my work, and I need my manager to give it to me so I can answer more questions. Finished off more work after that and was done by 6pm.

Moving Sunny.

Post 6pm - which is the time I was able to manage to finish work (:O I know, right?) I went to Sunny's place - it was her last day at her house in Mountain View. Sunny, a friend of hers - Christina and I helped her with the last minute moving - stuffed a big, fat, heavy mattress into Christina's car and stuffed all Sunny's remaining belongings in her car's boot and in Christina's car.

Then we went to Tied House in Mountain View. We had some good dinner with a beer. We'd been waiting for Rahul to join us, but after he hadn't arrived yet 20 minutes after he was supposed to have, we called him. Even though I specified that we were going to be at Castro Street in Mountain View, he took the shuttle to Castro in SF. Which was worrisome, so Sunny and I wrapped up quick, left the car in office and went to the shuttle stop. We told Rahul that he could come stay, because going back to Santa Clara at that time would be crazy - especially because it would take an hour. But before we got to where he was, a friend of his went and picked him up. So, well, he had an adventure!

Sunny and I were super tired by the time we came back. We just crashed.

No comments:

Post a Comment