Friday, March 16, 2012

Day 4: New Beginnings?

I woke up late (oops) and started to pack all of my things. Yes, shifting apartments. So from my studio apartment, I gotta move into a 2 bedroom shared apartment -- which is fine, as long as I don't have an irritating roommate. ;) I have to shift back to this original apartment in 15 days though :| Ah well, I get to be in SF!

So I packed, and I was supposed to work out of the SF office today, so I was prepared to take the late shuttle to work - since it's really close to my apartment. It so happened that packing took longer than expected, and I missed the last shuttle to work. So I took a cab to work. Bad-ish start to the day.

SF Office. [NEW]

Overlooks the bay bridge, and is SO pretty! It's got this whole beach theme going, and it's just so awesome looking. It feels a lot more informal. Shira and Michael were there too, and I had lunch with them. Andy introduced me to the rest of the sales team that sits in SF, and I met Maggie in the evening. Overall, it was a decent workday although I was pretty much rushing to get work done because I had to check out from my berry street apartment and check in to the new Beale street apartment (which is walking distance from the SF office!). And then there was the plan to meet in Orbit Room.

I finished work by 6 (when I was supposed to meet these guys at 6 - ulp!) and then got into a limo-cab (I know!) and took him to the old apartment, made him wait while I got my stuff out, went to the new apartment, [NEW] made him wait while I put my stuff in to the apartment, and then made him drop me to Orbit Room by ~7.

Orbit Room. [NEW]

Oh my gosh, my first time really hanging out with "the real Americans" who I discovered were all not all-American at all - they're part German, part Irish fellas! :D So it was Sims, Georgia, Chris, Paul and Billy. James didn't join us. :( They were already some drinks down because they'd been there for an hour. I had already told them that I only drink beer and wine, but they said that it's time for a bachelorette party the American way, and that I should have cocktails. I obviously bought in to that! :D Had some great drinks though - four of them. Sims left quietly early on, but the rest of us broke off only around ~9.30 - 10. It was so much fun! :D A whole lot of laughing and talking and drinking and a little pizza later, I got in a cab to the new apartment.

I was totally fine until I got into the apartment. And then I threw up and threw up and threw up. :( Cocktails mess up my system now I guess - I've been so used to drinking just beer and wine! Oh man, it was so bad. I just passed out soon after.

No comments:

Post a Comment