Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Day 16: Allan and Noble go to Vietnamese restaurant

[Read: Harold and Kumar go to Whitecastle] :P

Yep - I went with the crazy duo to a fancy Vietnamese restaurant this evening. But -- let me rewind.

Google Shuttle Drama.

The day started with me feeling kind of sick and lying around in bed for a long time in the morning, although the plan was to go kick some muscle butt! (exercise). Sigh, unfortunately "womanhood" had it's way with me in the morning. So I decided against going all the way to the Mountain View office, and decided to work out of the SF office instead. Sunny went to work. I woke up and logged in at 9 and started working, only to get an email reminder at 10am about dinner plans with Noble (who usually works in Denver, so I didn't want to skip this). The last shuttle out to MTV was at 10.40am. Drama! I ruuuuuuushed to get ready, and you know those moments when Murphy's law holds so true? That's what happened to me - I couldn't find my everyday things even though I had laid out everything that I wanted to wear the previous evening! I had oiled my hair the previous night too - so I had to wash my hair! Time flying, time flying.

10.34 - It normally takes 5 minutes to walk to the shuttle stop. I RAN out of the house, urged the lift to go faster, and RAN 0.4 miles all the way to the shuttle stop - in the rain, wet hair flying into my face and blocking my vision. I had one corner of my eye behind me, expecting the bus to turn the corner, and when that didn't happen, I thought I'd missed it. And then I made the turn - running on the roads like a wild child... and I saw the bus standing there, the door just closing. I ran faster, I waved my hands over my head, hoping someone would see, hoping it would stop. Thankfully, the driver saw me in the rear view mirror, and opened the door again. I tumbled into the bus, huffing, puffing, wet and sweating. Disgusting. But - I had made it! :) I told you, drama.

Work.

It was business as usual. I did SO much work. It was cold and rainy all through the day, and I was feeling so cold and disoriented and tired all through. Did NOT feel like working, but eventually got lots of work done. And surprise, surprise - I was done at 5.30pm!

Vietnamese Dinner.

Fast forward to the top of this post. :) I went for dinner with Allan and Noble. Allan picked me up and then we picked up Noble at Sports Page, went to this place. Caught up, ate some good food, had a beer. Laughed and cracked obscene jokes. It's always SO much fun to hang out with those two!

Noble left after dinner, and Allan dropped me at main campus where I met this red haired chick called Madhavi from Delhi. We got on the shuttle together, and Sunny joined us. It was nice getting to know this girl - she seemed fun, and was good to talk to - from Stanford she is, and just 23. I can think of 5 different people among my friends who would have a crush on her. Lol. Anyway, we spoke and then Sunny and I walked back from the shuttle stop.

Got back, spoke to Sas, chatted online with Ashlene and we realised we won't be real "roommates" and now it's time to go to bed. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment