Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Day 2: Hello Hello

Today was my first day at work. It was dark at 7.00am, and that surprised me a little bit, because the last time around, it was bright at 6.00am and dark only around 8.00pm. It's daylight saving time. I wanted to get the 7.25am shuttle to work, but it was raining and I took longer to walk to my stop, so I ended up boarding the 7.40am to work. California rain is an annoying drizzle that I don't much enjoy. Taking the late shuttle was just fine, I started working on the bus. My day started with a peer bonus which felt oh so good! What a nice start. :)

In office, I spent most of the day catching up with people, I hung out with Paul and Georgia and met all of the old team that I worked with. It was so great to see everyone! I also chatted online with a bunch of folks who I used to sit with, and everyone was just so happy that I'm back, it feels good! :) Kalpi's here too, so I met her and we got some "roomie time in the US" :) Haha.

I got me my new cell phone number - Paul came with me to get it, and then Billy, Paul and I had lunch. We made vague plans to hang out in the evening, but that didn't work out - I still feel jetlagged, so I didn't want to risk going out and falling asleep on the road or something. :| Billy was also feeling a tad unwell, so we decided to hold it off until next week. And THEN I got some work done, but I had quite a lot of work, which I had a hard time getting through because I was so sleepy. I eventually got done with work around 7.00pm, and went for dinner with Gapa, Koushik and Rahul. Finished dinner, talked to Gapa for a bit, got on the shuttle.... and I'm on the way back to the apartment. It continued to rain all day... it gets cold and unpleasant when it rains, it's just drizzly... more damp than wet, and it doesn't even smell like rain in India, which is the whole big fun thing about rain!

It's been a long day, and I think I'm just going to hit the bed as soon as I get back.

Adios! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment