Sunday, March 25, 2012

Day 8: Crazy Workday

Sunny and I drove to work this morning. I enjoyed driving the car, but there was really bad traffic and after a point I was annoyed on the road. Turns out the traffic was so bad because there had been an accident. I shiver at the thought of accidents here! It was not too bad though, although 4 cars were damaged. We got to work on time anyhow.

Crazy Monday.

The workday itself was super crazy. My work tools weren't working for the first half of the day. Which was kind of painful. I went and had lunch with Pratt and Jeena, told them I was getting married :D I also ended up meeting Shukla, Tulika, Akhil, Alec, Nagalakshmi, Srikanth, Nanjappa and Satish Shah while we were eating. It was funny to see SO many people (originally) from the India offices all in one spot. Post lunch I got chai with Georgia, and it was so nice chatting with her. But then after that I was at the technical team area fixing things and figuring out problems with all these accounts. Resolved one billing issue that had been crazy for 3 days straight! And then I sat with Andrew (who I finally met in person) and resolved a couple of pending Analytics questions.

So after ALL this roaming around, I finally got cracking at 5 and between 5 and 7 I was going non-stop at my laptop. Then Sunny called me for dinner, and Rahul, Sunny and I had dinner at Charlie's. I still had so much work to finish so I thought I'd work on the shuttle, except that my laptop was dying, so I had to shut off and I tried to nap for a bit. So stressed about needing to finish work !

Come the stop and Sunny was feeling sick :( We got home and she had some Pepsi and felt better after that. I hit work again and I was so unresponsive to Sunny throughout the time that I was working - even though she was talking to me :| But I just wanted to get done with it. Oh, the exhaustion!

And then when I was nearly done, Sunny asked me how I knew Ashwin Nath because she knows him too - it was an odd blast from the past moment :D Anyway, I told her how I used to know him, and somewhere in the middle of the story, Sunny was snoring away :)

I struggled to finish the last bit of work through extreme exhaustion, and finally fell asleep a little past midnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment