Tuesday, June 28, 2011

73

Drive to work day.

Amir drove to work, and Nikhil and I hitched a ride with him. Fun ride :)

Rain.

It was cloudy this morning, and the online weather vane had predicted rain. It was right, it did rain. Somehow, I never imagined it would rain in this place. Strange, I know, but I told Nandita the same thing and she said - yeah, you can imagine a summer, winter, and even autumn, but not rain here. :) It rained pretty heavily, and it got cold. And Saikat, Nandita, Ashlene and I were out for lunch (and OMG we had the most fabulous lunch at what I think was called the Long Life Cafe?) when it was raining, so the cold in the air actually chilled me to the bone. Even though I was wearing a full sleeved top and a corduroy vest-like jacket, I was close to shivering.

Workday Blues.

Today wasn't a good day for me at all. After the spell of being in the rain, and the cloudy, cold weather all day, all I wanted to do was curl into a ball and sleep. And after that fantastic lunch of Vietnamese soup, sushi and other picks off the counter, I was stuffed and all ready to sleep too! I couldn't keep my eyes open and I nearly dozed off and hit my head to my laptop's keyboard a couple of times. :| No sun to go warm myself up under outside either. Depressing! I thought I might be falling sick, I was feeling that cold. Suddenly I got homesick when the second package of paints that Sas sent reached me. I was kind of cranky all through the afternoon, although talking to Liz helped a little. And I booked myself a massage tomorrow. Also found mint flavoured water, which is yummm.

I have to go back home and into a meeting :(

Vacation plan.

What irked me even more was that our vacation planning was not going great. No bookings done yet, nothing! So I finally just found some deal and booked hotels in Lake Tahoe and Yosemite. Chris was very sweet about taking a print out for me before I left. :) (Thanks Chris!)

Sky is filled with clouds.

It's still filled, yes! I'm going to carry a jacket to work tomorrow. Or like the Americans say, "don't forget to bring a jacket" :)

POA.

Plan of action is to finish meeting, eat some food, do laundry and sleep. Tired!!

Ohhh crap I need to make a presentation deck as well! :| Oh mannn, this day isn't going to end! Sigh. :(

P.S. - I ended up talking to Amir for a little over half an hour, having dinner, and sleeping. Wasn't able to do any work because the internet at home wasn't working. Tomorrow will be a better day.

No comments:

Post a Comment