Tuesday, June 14, 2011

87

Shuttle stop.

A Googler at the shuttle stop struck up a conversation with me today, and it was so funny ...I think I was feeling very lost still and I mistook him asking where my office was for where India was and I said in the Asian continent, on the south of it :| He kind of rolled his eyes and repeated the question. Seemed like a cool guy, I hope I didn't offend him!

Day 2 of work.

Today was relatively more productive than yesterday, but I still closed the day feeling like I needed to do lots more and I could've done lots more. I NEED to do lots more rather.

Dogs.

By the way, did I mention that people are allowed to bring their dogs to work? Which means there are these cuuuute little dogs all over the place! We bumped into Stacey and her dog as she walked out of the building. The dog looked like a small Lhasa Apso, and so adorable!

Of course, this means that people need to make sure they're carrying dog poop pick up materials :)

Elisabeth.

My cubie is this pretty girl from SF. She and I chatted up this morning, and then a bunch of times through the day. I spotted what looked like a Google parasail thing outside the window, and curious as I was, I asked her if they had parasailing for Googlers on campus (I asked quite incredulously, prepared to be blown away with the positive response I thought I'd get) but turns out it was just a guy on a skateboard who'd attached a Google-coloured parachute like thing and was being pushed from one side to the other by the wind against the parasail. Still very cool. :) Elizabeth also told me where I should go to be touristy in SF and asked all these questions about the Hyderabad office and about India. Fun! She's really sweet.

Birds and the cycling incident.

There are OH SO MANY birds on the campus! Real pretty ones that really caught my attention. I know someone who'd have been hankering after them with a big fat lens. :) I'm considering taking my camera to work and doing a little shooting when I'm taking a break!

Saikat is scared of cycles/bikes. It was ridiculously entertaining watching him ride one. Nandita and I had a good laugh. Now that I think of it, I should've taken a video!!

Dinner.

I met Venky today. Nice of him to come pick me up. We went to Palo Alto, Wine stop I think the place was called(?) for dinner. Had a glass of wine each and a cheese platter. Peaceful. Drove back at 10.30pm and he went back to office after that. I think this is the first time just he and I have hung out. :) Thanks Venky! Discussed plans to see SF this weekend.

More about my impression of people and everything else soon! :P

No comments:

Post a Comment