Thursday, June 23, 2011

79

Shiny New Things.

I picked up my visitor bike today. Which I can take back to my corp apartment and cycle around as much as I want! :) It's a geared bike, although not a mountain bike. I'm considering exchanging it with a mountain bike and biking up the hills around. It is so cool that I get to keep a bicycle to myself for the entire time that I'm here! I'm going to take it back with me and cycle around every weekend! That'll be my mode of commute. Who needs cars?

I also wore my new Google tee which is awesome, I might wear the other one tomorrow... and I carried my laptop in the new YouTube laptop bag! :) Wheee! Call it instant gratification if you like, but I'm absolutely loving wearing and using my new things as soon as I get them. :D

Campus tour and a concert.

There was a concert happening in the amphitheatre on the main campus. I went there with Allan and Ashlene and watched for a while, and then we went exploring the main campus. It is amazing how many ultra cool things they have in the one place that is Google HQ! :D Oooooh, I love it! 12 weeks is too short to explore everything :P

Work.

Still got lots to do but progress is happening, so I'm starting to get a little less stressed out overall. But there's still lots to do. 2 days to go! Aaaaaahhhh!

Finding people I know.

Iciri's sister, Natasha (who I last remember meeting when she was in the 10th and Ice and I were gawky 6th standard kids who tried to crash her slumber party, and I remember she and her friends locking us out of the room to get rid of us, and listening to Backstreet Boys full blast while Ice and I grinned in scandalized glee at the word "sexual" whenever they said it), lives in SF, so I called her. So yeah, back in 1997 or something is when we'd last met! :O I hope to meet her, and see how much has changed? :D Haha.

Also, Nachiket called up today and we thought we'd catch up in SF over the weekend.

Basically, I'm finding friends or at least someone I know somehow, and making plans to meet them and stuff, and Ashlene's like - you know so many people!! It's pretty funny, haha! :)

Barter system.

Dinner with Allan was awesome! We went to the Great Mall arcade and ate at the restaurant there. But they shut at midnight, so by the time we finished eating, we weren't able to play anything. While we were eating, we shared a story for a story, about drama moments in life. It was good fun! :) Got a liiiiiittle tipsy on a couple o beers! [lopsided grin]

No comments:

Post a Comment