Tuesday, June 28, 2011

74

Work.

Work went pretty well; I met the Business Unit head, had a long conversation with my manager, set up meetings and well, things went pretty well. I managed to finish all my work and leave by 6pm.

Ooooh I got sketching pencils from Sas!!!!!!! AAAAHHHHHH! :) :) :) :) Much heart!

Cooking.

I invited Saikat and Elisabeth over (I also invited Nandita and Ashlene, but they couldn't make it), and we found Nikhil Dev on the way up to the apartment after grocery shopping at Safeway, so called him over as well and Amir and I cooked - he cooked Israeli food, and I cooked Indian food! :) First time in Google history these two cuisines come together! :P Hehe.

The Menu.

Amir made lamb kebabs and beef with hummous and pita bread and some salad. It was great! I made bhindi, phulka (which ended up being more like papad!) and palak raita. Except for the phulka disaster, the food turned out pretty good, and everyone enjoyed it. We also had some wine to go with it, and the "party" went on till almost midnight, which is when Liz and Saikat left - she drove with him all the way back to SF!

The internet wasn't working though, so I wasn't able to write this nor log in and chat with people, and I felt pretty handicapped. I hope it's back up and working!

1 comment: