Thursday, June 23, 2011

78

I woke up really late today and went to work late but ended up getting more work done than in the last 2 days! Funny huh?

Pencils.

I really want pencils. I looked for a stationery section in the supermarket near my place the other day, but unlike in India, these guys don't have a stationery section anywhere and everywhere. I was, however, most shocked that the Google office here doesn't have pencils! They have the pen-pencils but I want the ones that you can sharpen!! You can't draw with pen-pencils! :( Long story short, my hunt for pencils so far has been unsuccessful. I need to go to an art store, it seems.

Bright side - I found a whole lot of colourful paper instead, and it made me so happy!! :) Haha!

Driving!

Yes, you read it and guessed it right - my first USA driving experience! :) I went to lunch with Allan and he let my drive his car to Charlie's. It's a Hyundai Genesis Coupe (automatic though), but it's sesky-er 'cause it's 300 hp! (Way to go, Allan!) :) Ooh and Allan said he'll make sure I REALLY drive it sometime ;) (Thanks Allan! Little does he know he is blessed for 5 lifetimes' worth because of his good deed).

What's not easy is remembering when driving here that your spatial self needs to peripheral-vision the right side instead of the left, keeping in mind that staying on the right side of the road is normal here, and not to turn left into oncoming traffic, but to go to the far side on the right when turning. And there are ten dozen rules!!! Must learn them!

I gotta say though, I did well - parking et al, if I say so myself. :)

Work time.

An otherwise an uneventful day (minus car driving time), I felt SUPER sleepy in office, and when cat-napping at my desk did not quench my thirst for sleep, I took a walk and had some hazelnut flavoured hot water (I made it myself and it was good!) and walked around some more. Still, work got done!

Buuuut here is the good thing. I headed back home at 7pm, and I'm having some to-go yummm dessert from work, after which I'll pack for the weekend (the plan is to stay at Divya's and have an eventful weekend ahead!), and then get some work done. I'll sleep if I get unbearably sleepy.

I almost feel jetlagged again!

No comments:

Post a Comment