Friday, June 17, 2011

84

Flood of emails, full of love.

I woke up this morning to see my personal inbox flooded with emails. :) Such a nice feeling. I feel the love through them. I also caught NE on whatsapp and she was telling me all about how it is to be a college kid. It's like, totally cool!! :)

Vanity.

I got requests for pictures of me, hehe, so I let vanity take over and did a couple of self-portraits. So shortly you shall see the picasa link updated with pictures of me with my camera and vanity mirrors.

The Ride.

Gapa called this morning, and at the end of the conversation, he and Niranjan came to pick me up and we drove to work. Fun ride, first time I've driven to work with anyone.

Friday.

I didn't get work done as quickly as I wanted to, and it got frustrating. Not the best workday when it's a Friday and you have work to take back with you.

But, I cheered up with a small glass of TGIF wine, and some "basketball" with Chris at his desk. The objective was to get a stress ball and a tennis ball into a miniature basketball hoop, and then get a ping pong ball into a play-doh cup. :) That was a good release, and Chris is pretty nice looking. ;)

Either way, I left office with a little work to take back home, and when I was almost done, I got THE call.

Dinner.

THE call was from Gapa. Niranjan, his girlfriend Tyler and he were coming to get me for dinner and drinks. I had no say in it because I wasn't going to be allowed to be a loser on a Friday night. :D We went to this place called Cafe Artemis, which was a good long drive away, and then walked past a photo studio to this place called Rock Bottom for some drinks. I didn't drink though. It was really good fun overall, it was great to just eat and talk and sip on wine during dinner and laugh at random things at the drinking place. Here's one funny part of the conversation (when Gapa had stepped out):

Me to Niranjan and Tyler: "Universal truth - A hot girl is a hot girl anywhere in the world."
Tyler to me and Niranjan: "And - A rich guy is a rich guy anywhere in the world."

:D

I didn't let go completely and relax though, because I still had 2 things at work to finish.

We got back by midnight. When they dropped me off, Niranjan, Tyler and Gapa came up, and checked out the apartment. Tyler and I went and checked out the other room in the house (which I'd never done till now!) and it's bigger with a huuuuge bathroom and major vanity mirrors! Tyler gave me a sneaky plan to take all the nice toiletries from there (which were better than the toiletries in my bathroom). I did. :D But I am aghast! How could they give people coming for like 10 days a nicer place, when I'm going to be there for 3 months, right!? I now officially want that room instead. Even though mine has a balcony. Typical grass is greener on the other side syndrome, my room is perfectly nice. And, the balcony is where all the birds come. But then, it's common to the hall so I can come there anyway. The other room has 2 windows though, it's on the corner and brighter. What do you think I should do? Poll time! ;)

Ten minutes later, after they left, I quickly finished work and crash happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment