Monday, June 13, 2011

88

First day of work.

I woke up at 6am and got ready and went to the shuttle stop. I was worried I was in the wrong place until other Googlers started to filter in. :) Got in the Google shuttle... it was awesome! There's wifi on the bus!!

But I was nowehere close to seeing awesome.

We entered Google campus. It's MASSIVE! Intimidatingly so. I got so intimidated! :D There are Savanna grassland type spaces everywhere, and you can't get from one building to the next without transportation. I was so lost - I couldn't find a place to eat at first, and then I couldn't find where I needed to go. Eventually I saw Nandita online, and she became my savior. She was there for breakfast, to help me get my desk, getting around, lunch (with Saikat at Big Table cafe), and everything including getting my sim card. After we got my sim card, we cycled back to our building. Oh, exhilarating to cycle in the warm sunlight against the cool breeze!

Time flew.

I didn't feel the day go by. I feel like I have sooooo much to do, and not enough time! I took the 7pm shuttle back, and went and bought groceries. Came back, attended a meeting, and it's already 9.30pm. Gonna eat, sleep. So tired. This is the latest I've stayed up since I got here. Talking to Sas who's totally taking advantage of talking to me for free through gtalk - life-saving! (Thank you, Google!!) :)

G'night then!

No comments:

Post a Comment