Wednesday, June 15, 2011

86

Bye bye roommate.

My Chinese roommate and his wife and her parents left today. I'll miss the parents. Even though they spoke only Chinese, it was so nice having them around. They'd smile at me when I came in, wave bye when I left the house and generally help when I was around in the house. I'll miss them :( The apartment feels very empty now.

Work and Farmers' market.

Work went slowly. In fact, the days are so long and there is so much work that it feels like the week has been so long already, but it's only Wednesday. But man, being in the HQ is totally the thing! There was this Farmers' market thing that happened today, where farm fresh stuff was available to taste and take home. So ultra fresh fruits and veggies, flowers and strawberries and eggs - all available to us for free were on display. I got me a Gerbera, a bunch of strawberries, hummous and strange popcorn. The activity was oh-so exciting! :) As you can imagine, it was a very distraction-filled workday.

Dinner and drinks.

I went out with Allan, Khoa, Abhay and Calvin. I know Allan from when he'd visited Hyderabad and played basketball with me. He's on Sas's team and the rest of the folks are Sas's teammates. Calvin works in the Hyderabad office, in fact. It was great to go to Charlie's for dinner and see the main Google cafe. Then we all went to a lounge called Hue, which was fair. I tried a yoghurt based drink I can't recall the name of. It was different and drinkable. Plus a couple of beers. These guys are so much fun! :D Allan is totally random and crack!

I'm supremely sleepy now, so goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment