Thursday, June 16, 2011

85

Wow, 5 days already!

But then, this week has gone by pretty slowly. I think I've figured out why it feels like the day goes on forever. The sun sets late, that's why. So... it's not just birds that get confused during a solar eclipse, humans get confused on the other side of the world too! :P

Tomorrow I get to see Larry Page and Sergey Brin!!! :D

Workday.

The day at work went kind of slowly, but I got a decent amount of work done. Yes, I STILL feel like I need to do lots more. Call me workaholic. The day was something of a drag though. Didn't much feel like working, plus most folks weren't around, so the office was empty for the most part. Everyone had gone for Google Serve, and Nandita was working from home. Saikat and I went to lunch with Tulika, and I managed to squeeze my way into Allan's dinner plans with Abhay and Martin and someone else. Good dinner at Charlie's, I must say. I ate dal and rice and some Vietnamese food. Yummm! :)

I see so many people who are from or were in the Hyd office here!

Pandora.

Yes, I've discovered one of the best online radio stations ever. They manage to play exactly what I want to hear! I just need to select one thing off the drop down menu, and there I have it. I listened to the Beatles, the Doors, Clapton, Floyd, Led Zep, younameit! Aahhh music heals your soul, I tell ya. (Real music, not the crappy, lame excuse for music these days). Love it!!

Farm strawberries are absolute magic.

Remember the Farmers' market yesterday? I'd picked up strawberries there. I ate the first one today and it was SOOOO good! I've never tasted strawberries like that in my life! Great dessert. Mouth still watering.

Non-work highlights.

Email from Mommy (which I need to reply to). Call from Mrin. VC with Sas. Chat with Keth, Kalp and Sannah. Peer Bonus from someone at work who I only know by name. Bumming around my now empty corp apartment, chilling out. I found a landline! :)

I want to: Start exercising. Next week, on the charts - basketball, swimming, and maybe even some badminton.

No comments:

Post a Comment