Saturday, September 10, 2011

0

Work.

Well, no work got done today. At all. Considering it was my last day at work, all I was doing was saying my goodbyes to people. I had a meeting with both Sales teams, where I introduced Megha, and the Retail team gave me a going away present!! :) So sweet! I had also stayed up till 4a.m. the previous day, because I just couldn't sleep, and so I wrote people notes. I wrote them notes to say g'bye. I think Megha was also pretty distracted thanks to me. Haha.

Gapa had collected my wallet from Ice the previous evening, and he gave it to me at work, when I was leaving on the shuttle. (Thank you Gapa!!)

Dinner.

I left office early because I had invited people over for dinner, and I intended to cook. I invited about 15 people and about 8 actually made it. Good conversion rate, I should say. :) I asked Megha to come too, especially since she didn't have anything to do. It was so good to have her around though -- she at least managed to get to know a few people, so I'd say she didn't start at scratch like Aakanksha the guinea pig. :)

Liz, Rachel, Allan, Abhay, Carolyn, Gapa, Megha and I had dinner together. I had invited Paul too, and he was all set to come, except that unfortunately, his dogs had torn up stuff and eaten something toxic, so he was at the dog hospital taking care of them. They're alright though! (Phew!) and Paul called and told me that he was very sad he couldn't make it. :( I was very sad too.

Cooking.

Megha had come with me to buy all the veggies, and then helped me cook. (Thank you Megha!) As starters, I made palak raita as dip with carrots and some paneer (thanks again Gapa, for bringing it along!). For dinner, we had dal, rice and mushroom curry. It turned out alright.

Good time, everyone laughing and talking and drinking beer and wine, and then saying goodbyes. And Allan gave me a gift ! :O So sweet. He gave me something to give to Sas too.

Everyone left at around 1a.m. Megha stayed over, because it was too late to walk back.

I just cleaned up, and with no more energy left, I just fell into bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment