Sunday, September 4, 2011

15

I woke up, and went to work in a daze. Lack of sleep, I'd assume. But I worked and worked.

I also did my laundry at work - the laundry machines are behind the bowling alley. I first observed how someone worked it, and then went there with my clothes - all this time in SF with no laundry machine in the hotel room to do laundry for free, so I had many clothes, and I'd heard about the laundry machines at work. So why not, right? :) I met Vitaly in the laundry room, who sits on the same floor, so was a familiar face and we were waiting for a dryer so he struck up a conversation. I also didn't know how to do something, and he very kindly helped me out. As I was walked past the bowling alley on my way out after I had finished with laundry, I saw the place all lit up and prepping for a party. It totally looked like a disco.

The party at the bowling alley.

Turns out this setup was for the team that I was sitting with, and it was a Thirsty Thursdays event :) All the people on my floor were going, and Kevin and Shira asked me to join too, so I went. OH MAN it was so much fun! I bowled, I talked to a lot of people, I had a couple of beers, and this guy called Adam - who I'd seen at my desk area, always having borrowed my chair - spoke to me for a long time. He's a super interesting guy, very polite and nice. He's traveled to many parts of the world, and wanted to be a part of an organization like the U.N. but they do a background check and found some distant relative of his to have a criminal record, so he didn't get it :( Anyway, he was really nice, and asked what I would be doing over the long weekend. He offered to take me sightseeing in SF. Really nice chap. :)

Back at Hotel Rex.

I came back fairly early, considering, to pack all my stuff. I had asked Gapa if I could leave my big suitcase at his house for 4 days while I was on vacation in New York, and he'd been nice enough to say yes. (Thanks Gapa :)). And so Gapa met Mrin and me in the evening. I was also finishing work between packing.

Anyway, Mrin, Gapa and I went to Loris Diner for dinner. We went there, sat at a table and because I had to work and pack still, we decided to just take food to go instead. We ate in the room while i finished packing and doing a bit of work, and Gapa and Mrin drank wine and looked at all the Point Reyes pictures that Gapa had put up. I took a break, and Mrin and I went with Gapa and I left my big suitcase at his place. Gapa invited us to stay longer, but we didn't. Mrin and I came back in the same cab, talked a bit, and I finished work. I slept at around 2a.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment