Monday, September 5, 2011

13

Exploring San Francisco on foot.

I woke up and got ready. Nee went to work (yeah, she had to go to work on Saturday!). Venky went for a run, and dropped me off on Valencia after dropping Nee and before going for a run. I walked around Valencia and Mission, taking photos of the murals - (great artwork!), buying things, and looking around - I checked out all the fun stores on that road. I bought a plant for Nee and Venky. And then I had lunch at an Ethiopian restaurant. They had the most delicious, absolutely yummmmmmm food and it's very close to Indian food - even way of eating (with hand). They serve food in one plate to the entire table for communal eating - it's a way to spread peace - to be eating in a group and harmoniously. :)

Back at Nee and Venky's.

After lunch, I met Nee, who had picked up an interesting book from a free book box on the street! We got picked up by Venky and we went back to their place. Nee had work, but had a bad headache, so we all just sat around talking in the hall. Venky went out for a bit and Nee and I talked to each other with chai for company, then we cooked dinner - bharta and roti. Venky downloaded Delhi Belly but it was really bad print and dubbed in Hindi, so we didn't watch it. We instead had dinner, and well, Nee is a great cook and the food was YUMMY! Home cooked Indian food unexpectedly given to you tastes especially good. :) We then got our glasses of wine and watched 'The Wedding Banquet' - it's an interesting Chinese-American movie about homosexuality. Nee kept joking about how she wants to live in that equation with Venky. After the movie, I slept.

No comments:

Post a Comment