Friday, September 2, 2011

16

Confusion.

I walked to shuttle stop, and for a while I was confused about where exactly the shuttle was going to stop. I finally spotted some Googlers across the road from me, and soon after, the shuttle itself, so I ran to it :D

I went to work, worked, worked, worked, and came back early. There was nice thick mist and I walked through it, all the way back to the hotel.

My phone had stopped working, because it wasn't recharged. Silly phones here! :(

The Evening.

Mrin's friend, Seema came by, and the three of us went to Chipotle's to eat Mexican food. We were done eating in 15 minutes, and then we walked back to the hotel because Seema's friend was going to come pick her up. We all sang on the road because Mrin told Seema that I sing well, and Seema is a singer - she was getting picked up to go to a studio to sing! :)

I had finished work, but needed to do some training, which I was considering postponing to hang out with Mrin. Anyway, Seema's friend Dev came to pick her up, and we spent a good amount of time talking on the street. Dev is a professor in a university in the U.S., and he was giving me tips on how I should apply to college and stuff. Dev spoke to me at length about how I should be building my statement of purpose and all the grad schools I should apply to in the U.S. Useful information. By the end of the conversation, he had asked Mrin and me to join them at the studio for a recording. I said no, because I felt like I'd prefer to do my training instead. Mrin went to the studio with them though.

Worrying.

I went back up and started the trainings. I chatted with Mrin at 12.30p.m., and asked her when she was coming back, she said she wasn't sure. I got sleepy at around 1.30p.m., and tried calling Mrin, but she didn't answer. I sent her an email saying I was hoping we'd have got to hang out that evening and to let me know when she was going to be back or if she was going to stay out for the night. I'd only met these friends of hers once that day, and I didn't know where the place she had gone to was, and having heard that certain parts of SF aren't safe, plus having no way of contacting her friends - I only had her number, I was worried, slightly. I mean, I know Mrin can take care of herself and everything, but she was also still a tourist in SF. I kept an alarm for 2.30a.m. because I figured she won't be later than that, and I'd try contacting her again if she wasn't back by then. I woke up at 2.30a.m. and tried to call her again and when she didn't answer this time, I started to freak out.

But 5 minutes later, Mrin walked in. I kind of yelled at her in my sleepiness about how I was worried, and then I slept off. :| (Sorry Mrin!)

No comments:

Post a Comment