Friday, September 9, 2011

1

There's a zero and then the day I fly out, so this is not my last day here.

No work done.

Work was SOOOOO slow, I practically got no work done. I was a bit sleepy, and I was talking to Megha for a long time. I basically had a super unproductive day. Sigh :|

But, I met the teams that I worked with all this time and I said my goodbyes and introduced Megha. The retail team gave me a little gift; a t shirt, an android stuffed toy and a card! It was so sweet! :)

Funny story.

Iciri texted me to let me know that my wallet was at her place. I had forgotten it there. :| There's a first time for everything I guess! So I asked Gapa to coordinate with her and he picked it up so he could give it to me at work tomorrow. (Thank you SOOOOO much Gapa!) I feel like I have an identity now! Phew :)

No Sports Page, Tied House instead.

Michael had calendared about 5-6 folks from the general cube area to go out for drinks to Sport Page as a farewell to me. But at the last minute, Michael's manager, Matthew came by and invited everyone to Tied House. Michael told me that it was as a finale to a team summit they had had, and I wouldn't be crashing if I came. So Megha and I went - Michael was sweet enough to drive us to Tied House.

Awkwardness.

It was actually a grand finale to a summit that the team had had and not just a get together for everyone on the team. There were managers there, and Megha and I felt so out of place that we didn't stay there longer than 20 minutes! Then we called a cab and went to Tulika's place.

Tulika's place.

The cab ride on the way to her house was great! The cab guy was listening to a Kenny Rogers CD and it made me think of and miss Pa so much! :(

Tulika's house is in Sunnyvale and it's like a little India out there. She shares her apartment with this girl called Emily who's on my floor and very sweet. Megha and I reached a little before time and waited for Tulika -- Emily let us in before Tulika got back to her apartment. Harsh, Ashlene, Sridevi, Ankesh, and Tulika's neighbours, Aditi and her boyfriend Sanketh (who also works for Google) also came there. We all ate, drank and made merry, and it was good fun.

I had a long phone conversation with Mommy :) :) :) :) :) I gave her all the updates and she gave me all the updates! It was soooo nice to talk to her after so long and get the inside information on everything. :)

Megha and I left with Ankesh at about 11.45 in a cranky cab to go back to the apartment. Megha called me a short while later because she wasn't able to enter her apartment, but she figured it out.

Tomorrow.

I have invited a few people over for dinner tomorrow, so the plan is to pick up a little wine and make some snacks and order dinner. Hope it goes well!

Off to stuff a few things into my suitcase and then sleep! :)

2 comments:

  1. Wow! 3 months up? Time sure flies by, doesn't it? It's been an absolute pleasure reading your entries; SO much fun! I'm sure you'll get to go back there soon.. Time now, though, for new experiences :)
    Btw, what are you bringing back for moi?! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have 2 more days to go - zero & D day. ;)

    Thanks for following so closely, Cherry! Just because you did that, I will definitely bring you back something interesting :P

    ReplyDelete