Monday, July 25, 2011

48

First:

Happy birthday Anuzi!!!!!! Big hug! I can't believe I'm missing your birthday! :( Sorry I wasn't able to call. Reply to my email! :)

The delay.

I woke up late, and then came to meet Sas, who was still asleep and continued sleeping after I was here. Jetlag, so I let him be. In the meantime, I made a few calls, read a few pages of a book and then our man woke up. We were both pretty lethargic, and Sas had to work, so I went and brought the dirty clothes from my apartment and did my laundry at his apartment. The stupid dryer broke though, so I ended up lugging all my wet clothes back to dry them in my apartment :D But on my trip back, I brought lots of my personal goodies back with me (read: bubble bath, bath salts and a change of clothes) and first cooked some pasta (which tasted far too bland, so I added garam masala :D haha) and after we both had eaten, I took the liberty of soaking in the bathtub in his room with a cold beer and some music for company while he worked. We were supposed to have met Noble and Allan at about 2pm, but Noble wasn't feeling too well, so Allan was waiting for him to get a little sleep before we headed to SF so our plan kept getting delayed.

When Sas had finally finished work, and I had soaked to my heart's content in the tub, and Noble was close to wakeful state, it was 6pm, and Allan came and picked Sas and me up. We went to Taco Bell first and ate some food, and then headed to Allan's house, where we picked up Noble and then started for SF.

SF.

We reached SF at around 8pm, when it was still light outside. Stopped by Noble's FANCY hotel for a few minutes, and left the car there, and then took a taxi to Gapa's place where we met Venky and Gapa. This is Gapa's week-old find (he'd been house hunting for the longest time) and the house was nice! All the boys united, they did what boys do - crack mental jokes and laugh. After about an hour of that, we went to Amici's for some good pizza and a couple of beers, and then considered heading out and drinking some more, but decided to make a pit stop at Gapa's. Bad idea, because the moment we got there, everyone started yawning, and shortly after, all the boys were sprawled on Gapa's bed, and I was on the futon drinking the scene in. Noble, cracking the funniest jokes in the world, Gapa asleep, Venky grinning, Sas at the window with his camera and Allan staring at the ceiling. The yawns started to get contagious. Venky had to leave and Gapa fell asleep, so after a little more hanging around, Noble and Allan decided to leave and meet us the next morning to go to Napa.

And so we slept, me on the futon and Sas and Gapa on the bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment