Wednesday, July 13, 2011

58

Meeting the sales team.

I met the sales team today, sat with them the entire day. Gotta say, I was a little disappointed with the welcome I got. Expectations are high when it comes to Google, and highest when it comes to HQ, right? :) Anyway, I got a lot of questions, I hung out with a dog in my cube, and I met a lot of new people. Not a bad day overall, and I'll probably go drop in there every now and again, but so far it's been ohh-kayy. Nothing extraordinary.

The dog incident 2.

One of the guys I met today at the sales teams had his dog next to him, and it was exactly like this dog in my building. The guy told me her name was Athena. And I said, oh, there's another dog that looks the exact same, and her name is Athena too. And he was telling me how he'd thought Athena was a unique name, and someone at a pet store had once told him that its not. So the conversation went, and the guy says yeah so she sits here for the first half of the day, and then the second half of the day she sits with my husband. And well, I was taken aback when HE said his HUSBAND, but then I disguised it well, because that's also when we figured out that it was the same dog! I had only seen her for the second half of the day in my building with his husband! :D Man, I gotta get tuned to realising that men are possibly married to men here, and women are possibly married to women. I feel bad though, that "husband", Billy, is cute. I was like - oh damn! :P Feel sorry for woman kind when that happens, because I mean, as it is there's a dearth of good looking guys on this planet, and now a fair share of the fraction of the good looking men are gay!!

Productive.

The day overall was drab, but productive. I've been feeling so tired this week! Maybe all the lack of sleep. I'm going to sleep early today (as compared to the rest of the week).

The AdSpam Team.

I hung out with Gapa and Abhay at dinner, and glimpsed Niranjan :) Hadn't seen Gapa in a long time too!

Post dinner, I chilled with the AdSpam team, and then came home and spoke to Sophie for a while, and tended to Mr. Flambe.

And now I sleep.

2 comments:

  1. You've heard this joke right?
    "Women's punishment for original sin was the menstrual cycle with painful childbirth. Man's punishment? Having to deal with women. God doesn't hate gays. He's just mad they found a loophole in the system."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha :D That's really funny.

    I'd like to know what the loophole is for lesbians in that case! Or maybe God isn't mad at them?

    ReplyDelete