Thursday, July 14, 2011

57

Lost and found.

I thought I lost part of my identity (Google security something), but then I remembered that it might've fallen off in Abhay's car. Thinking there may be no point trying to look for it because that was just a speculated guess, I headed to get a new one, and voila - who should I bump into, but Abhay! :) He told me he found it, and we went to his car to get it. What a coincidence!

Time wasting tactics.

Liz was working from NY, so I missed her today! :( But, Alex was at the cube all day, for once. Alex is crazy. Today we talked for at least 2 full work hours. He's ultra arbitrary and random, and can be really funny. Like, he was asking me all these questions about India, and when I mentioned a place I had traveled to, he'd look it up on Google maps. Then, he got distracted and zoomed in on one spot of a random island which had no name, and said he wanted to buy it. And started calling it his island from that moment on. And then checked the weather for it (there is actually a weather and traffic report for it, even though it has a population of zero, and has no name hahahaha !) We had a good laugh over it, and he saw some pictures from Pench because he didn't believe that I'd seen a tiger. I also told him I was interested in going camping, and asked him for recommendations, and he said that the next time he and a couple of others from Google are going, I should hook up with them for it. I called him pseudo/wannabe Harry Potter because his last name is Popper. Haha, I'm so funny. :P

Work went okay, I had a presentation today, not as big as the first one, but pretty big. Even more so because I was presenting it all on my own with no help, unlike the last time. But it went fairly well :) I also asked Rachel some questions again today and she's been so super helpful, I want to buy her something! We spoke for a bit and she now knows what I'm really doing. :) She's really nice.

Dinner.

I went to dinner with Nikhil Dev and this girl called Charmine who I've never met before, but works for Google. We went to some Indian/Pakistani restaurant in Sunnyvale, and it was alright. A kid cried there for almost the entire meal though. (rolls eyes in exasperation). Anyway, Dev was being his usual uncouth self, and driving crazily. He can be fun, but he's a little too over the top for my taste.

Laundry.

Yes, laundry finally got done, and now I'm packing to go to L.A. this weekend! :)

Silk, I will say hello to Jim's ghost from both of us, and pay homege to the souls of the music of the era. I will also fulfill my childhood fantasy of going to Disneyland!!!! :) And also Universal Studios and Hollywood, if we can manage to squeeze that in. It's late already. Time is actually running right past my face a thousand times over, and I can't see it. I sat here at midnight, and it's already 12.45 ! :O

Zzzzzz.

No comments:

Post a Comment