Tuesday, July 19, 2011

55

Los Angeles.

The first thing I hear when I get off the Greyhound and enter the station is... you will never guess...

Kannada!

There was a family there, all speaking in Kannada, and it brought a smile to my face. We waited for Ashlene's uncle to pick us up. We drove to his house, where we had a little breakfast, and he suggested we get some sleep before heading out. I was in half a mind to say "but we have only 2 days!!" but then after we ate, we felt super sleepy and actually slept for 2 hours straight!

We woke up, dressed and headed out. First, we went to Ashlene's uncle's restaurant (Udupi Palace) and had some nice South Indian food - I had idli and rasam rice :) mmmm.. :)

Hollywood.

Then, we drove to Hollywood. We took a few pictures with Batman and Batwoman, saw Elvis, Marilyn Monroe and Angleina Jolie, hung out with Justin Timberlake and Shrek, and walked down the Hall of Fame. Now I'll let you wonder how many of those were people were dressed up as the famous actors, how many were made of wax and how many were the real people. :) We looked around through all the cool stores, took lots of pictures and then stopped at the Disneyland ice cream parlour for some ...well... ice cream!

Venice Beach.

Then we drove the long drive to Venice Beach. The Doors were born there. I wish we could've driven around and traced all the places Jim had been to, but it wasn't something my companions were too big on, so I let it go with just the hello to Jim's ghost at Venice Beach.

We stopped to get some tea and coffee after to warm ourselves a little - yes, it was cold on the beach! And then drove off again.

Disney Downtown.

We next went to Disney downtown, and it was pretty late already. We couldn't find the entrance for a long time, and we kept going in circles looking for it. And while going in circles, Disney started their fireworks, and my goodness, was it pretty! The best fireworks show I have seen in my life! Wayyyy better than the 4th July fireworks; and apparently they have the fireworks show everyday! It was so pretty, Ashlene and I stuck our heads out of the sunroof and ooh-ed and aah-ed and wow-ed at all the pretty lights in the sky while taking pictures. :)

We finally found the entrance and went into Disney downtown.... walked around all the stores and my gosh I wanted to buy the entire place ! They had Mickey and Minnie EVERYTHING, right from chocolates, to clothes, to cutlery, and even kitchen mitts! :D I did a little buying.

We then headed back, and by the time we reached Ashlene's uncle's place, it was nearly 2am. The plan was to head to Universal studios ...and wake up at 7am for it.

Do you we were able to wake up? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment