Sunday, July 10, 2011

62

O.M.G.

The day started off sightly drab - I woke up late and chilled at Sunny's place till a little after lunch while she went to office and did her laundry and worked out, and then we headed out to pick up Tanya and went to Gilroy's. I expected more of a big fair kind of place, but it's a huge complex with tonnes and tonnes of shops all over the place. I was told the stuff here is cheap, but the fact is that the deals on the branded stuff here are good, and the things you get are not necessarily all cheap. I'm not much of a brands person, I don't know more than half the brands that exist, and I can hardly care, but it's all good. The stuff here is so great. AND THINGS FIT ME!! Especially my FEET! I shopped like crazy! I spent $350 on running shoes, a nice wind-cheater type fancy jacket, a dress, running tee shirts and 3 pairs of shoes.

Phew !

I know, and after all that shopping, we went and got a drink and some food. Getting dinner with Sunny, her friend Lisa and Tanya was so much fun! It felt like a real girls' night out, and all of us were eating, drinking, laughing, talking and the waiter was being ultra nice (we all think he had a crush on Tanya) and got us this delicious hot chocolate sundae and topped it up with ice cream and chocolate TWICE, and then didn't bill us for it!! Like, wow. Eventually we called it a night, and Sunny (oh, so awesome Sunny) dropped Tanya and me to Tanya's place. (Thanks again, Sunny!)

Tanya's place.

Tanya's place is this lovely house with wooden flooring in Santa Clara. They have a nice front yard kind of thing - that is, some garden space before the road. Her house itself is simple, yet neat and well kept. There's no clutter, the stuff in the house looks like it's just what they need minus the excess baggage that most houses have. The best part about the house is a big garden they have just outside the house, and Fabian and Tanya have their meals there, sit and work there and so on. It's really pretty.

Tanya and I spoke till late into the night, and then went to sleep. Good conversation :) I really like her, she's very sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment